Donate to Child and Family Wellbeing
Joel was exposed to drug and alcohol abuse before he was removed from his home at the age of five. He was then placed in the care of his biological father who abused and neglected him. By the age of eleven, Joel had lived in multiple foster homes, and he was in and out of hospitals for suicidal thoughts. At Tennyson, he finally found a place to heal with safe, compassionate, and experienced care from people who care deeply about him. Your partnership supports children like Joel every day by providing life-saving therapy and support services in homes, in schools, and in communities across our state. Thank you for providing kids and families impacted by neglect, abuse, and trauma with a place to heal!
What Your Donation Means
A gift of any amount improves the life of a child in crisis and creates a safer, brighter future for the state of Colorado.
- $125 provides an hour of intensive, in-home therapy for a child or family in crisis.
- $500 provides a trained and vetted “Neighbor” who will support a family who feels isolated for six months (through our Families Together program).
- $2,500 provides ten hours of therapy (two weeks of therapy for the average child or family).
Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit
Gifts to Tennyson are eligible for the Colorado Child Care Contribution Tax Credit. When combined with other deductions, this allows Colorado taxpayers to give 3 times more than what they thought they could! Here’s how it works for a $1,000 gift.
The Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit allows an individual, estate, trust, or corporation to claim a 50% credit on state income taxes for all qualifying monetary contributions (up to a total of $100,000) made towards Tennyson. This does not include stock, property, or gift-in-kind contributions. Please contact Nick Wininger at 720-855-3317 or email [email protected] if you have any questions. Tax letters will be put in the mail by the end of January!
Donate While You Shop
It’s easy to donate to Tennyson through RoundUp, Amazon Smile and King Soopers or City Market!
- RoundUp: simply download the app, make an account, and choose Tennyson to donate your change to.
- Amazon Smile: log into your Amazon account through smile.amazon.com and designate Tennyson Center for Children at Colorado Christian Home in the dropdown menu under the search window at the top of your screen.
- King Soopers or City Market Community Rewards Program: visit kingsoopers.com or citymarket.com. Once logged into your account, simply search for Tennyson Center for Children by name or use our organization code XV985 then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account that requires some basic information, a valid email address, and a loyalty card