DIY Neighbors Program
Bring Neighbors to Your Community
Social isolation leads to caregiver burnout, family stress, and at times, even neglect and abuse. Friendly, practical support can transform difficult family situations from lonely to hopeful.
Families Together’s Neighbors program exists to connect isolated families with people who care and want to support them, one meal at a time. Over the past three years, our team of real-life moms, foster parents, therapists, and social workers, have created and fine-tuned our system to match over 225 families who need support with Neighbors who want to offer it. This program is already active in 12 communities, with many more families in need.
When you become a DIY Neighbor Host, we walk you through the process of launching a Neighbors program to make building stronger families in your area as straightforward as possible. By giving you access to our Neighbor-training, family orientation, and stories, we’ll give you the individualized coaching and tools to bring Neighbors to your community.
DIY Contracts Include
- Trauma-informed, clinician-reviewed volunteer training
- Marketing strategies and specific storytelling techniques to recruit volunteers and families
- Coaching through various tech options to streamline your process
- Community with others around the world who are launching at the same time
- Live coaching calls with our staff to walk you through each step
- Fundraising tips to help you raise the implementation fee
- Recruitment & application materials
- Full access to our unique online volunteer training
- Live training sessions
- Training for your staff