Other Ways To Support Children and Families in Colorado
Thank you for considering Tennyson Center of Children as part of your philanthropic plans! At this critical time, your generosity will support children and families in Colorado with the gift of hope.
Appreciated assets are a great way to make a gift to Tennyson Center for Children and may result in cost savings to you. We are happy to accept gifts of stock and encourage you to consult with your financial planning professionals to determine any tax benefits. If you are interested in making a stock gift to Tennyson Center and want to ensure a timely and accurate acknowledgment of your gift, please contact Jessica Snider for more information. You can find stock transfer instructions here.
Non-cash gifts, such as clothing, school supplies, toys, and books, is one way your generosity helps kids who need it most. We only accept new items.
We always have a need for items in our residential cottages (where the kids in our residential program live) and kitchen (serving three meals and two snacks every day). Thank you for helping us with items on the list. In addition, each summer, you help us prepare for the upcoming new school year. Every classroom and every child is going to need new school supplies in order to succeed.
Gift Cards and Event Passes
Our school kids take field trips just like other schools. And the kids that live at Tennyson Center do lots of fun activities off campus on the weekends just like other kids and families do. We need your help to enable all the kids to do fun stuff off campus. We accept gift cards and event passes for area children’s attractions such as Butterfly Pavilion, Denver Children’s Museum, The Denver Zoo, and Elitch Gardens as well as restaurants such as Casa Bonita, McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, and more.
Many of our events feature a silent auction. Donors place bids on items and Tennyson Center keeps the proceeds. Want to get your business in front of some serious bidders? If you have an item or items you would like to donate, please call (720-855-3324) or email us.
Donate Your Vehicle
Do you have a used car, truck, van, motorcycle, or boat that you don’t know what to do with? We can take it off your hands and you will receive a tax deduction. It is easy! Submit this form to start the process.
You will need these three things before you contact us.
- A clear title, which means a title with your name listed in the owner’s section, without an assignment or transfer to another person. All liens must be released prior to donating the vehicle.
- Your car keys.
- When you call or fill out the online form, please have the title and current mileage in hand.
Vehicle Donation FAQs
- How does the program work?
- You may complete the online donation form or call 303-308-2400 to donate your vehicle. When the information is complete, it is forwarded to the tow company. They will call you directly to schedule the pick-up. At the time of the pick-up, the driver will give you a receipt for taking the vehicle. We ask that you give the driver the keys and your appropriately signed title.
- Do I pay for towing?
- No, there is no charge to you for towing.
- Do I really get a tax write-off and how much would it be?
- Yes you do! The IRS rules allow a deduction in the amount of the gross selling price of your donated vehicle. An envelope will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale of your vehicle with all the required IRS information and forms. You may also choose to take a deduction under $500 without written acknowledgment. When you are ready to donate your vehicle, call 303-308-2400 or submit this form.
In-Kind Donation Form
Please complete this form if you purchased items from the Amazon Wish List so we can prepare your donation receipt. Thank you for your support of Tennyson Center for Children.