Trauma doesn’t pause, and neither do we.
Tennyson’s children and families are among Colorado’s most vulnerable and the support of the community counts now more than ever.
Your contribution allows children and families on stabilizing journey access to resources and makes it possible for them to continue their hard, healing work during this time of unprecedented uncertainty.
As a non-profit, we rely heavily on your generosity to continue our work. Anything helps, single donation or monthly, and any amount is greatly appreciated.
Support Tennyson through a donation!
Colorado Child Care Tax Credit
In addition to supporting life-changing services, your monetary contribution to Tennyson is eligible for the Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit.
The State of Colorado allows you to claim a 50% credit on your state income taxes for all qualifying monetary contributions (up to a total of $100,000) made by an individual, estate, trust, or corporation towards Tennyson. Please contact Kara Angelini, Strategic Development Operations Manager, at 720-855-3212 or at [email protected] if you have any questions about this tax credit.
Your Donation’s Impact
We’ve pulled together a list of costs associated with our services to help frame how your contributions impact our work:
- $5,000 = Breakfast for entire campus for a month
- $1,000 = Services for one family in Warren Village
- $500 = One night in our Special Services Unit
- $250 = Two-hour therapy session
- $100 = Classroom supplies
- $75 = Dinner in a cottage for one night (Tennyson has four cottages)
- $50 = Bedding for a new client
- $35 = Lunch for a child for a week
- $25 = Movie night
Donate Through an App
It’s super easy to donate to Tennyson through RoundUp and Amazon Smile!
Through RoundUp: simply download the app, make an account, and choose Tennyson to donate your change to.
Through Amazon Smile: log into your Amazon account through smile.amazon.com and designate Tennyson Center for Children at Colorado Christian Home in the dropdown menu under the search window at the top of your screen.
Every amount counts – large or small! Thank you for supporting Tennyson.
From world-class dinner and golf events to an unparalleled holiday giving season, there are countless ways for businesses and corporations to get involved with Tennyson Center for Children. Whether your company has two employees or two-thousand employees, there’s a place waiting for you in our family of corporate sponsors.
Donations to Tennyson Center for Children can have an even larger impact through your employer’s matching gift program. To find out more, view our employee matching gift program document.
“Tennyson Center is such a great cause. It allows us to share Tennyson Center with others who may not know about them. We’ve opened up their eyes to show them what is here in their neighborhood and what they do to help children. I think it’s a great working relationship and I hope to continue that forever.”
You can get involved with Tennyson Center for Children by volunteering — even during a pandemic! We have volunteer opportunities including writing a testimonial, creating coloring sheets, filling a backpack or basket, and more!
You can also get involved through our program, Foster Together, which trains and matches volunteers called “Neighbors,” who provide a monthly meal and friendship to families who need support. The result?Children and their caregivers, who are often isolated, are brought into the light by practical and emotional support. Their Neighbor says, “Your kids are worth the effort, and I want to help.” Become a Neighbor at: www.fostertogether.co/apply
Planned giving can come in a variety of different forms, they can be in the form of stocks and bonds, real estate, unused retirement assets, life insurance, etc. Because these can come in such a wide variety of ways, we recommend simply email or call (Jessica Snider: 720.855.3316) to discuss what option might work the best for you.
Non-cash gifts, such as clothing, school supplies, toys, and books, is one way your generosity helps kids who need it most. We only accept new items.
We always have a need for items in our residential cottages (where the kids in our residential program live) and kitchen (serving three meals and two snacks every day). Thank you for helping us with items on the list. In addition, each summer, you help us prepare for the upcoming new school year. Every classroom and every child is going to need new school supplies in order to succeed.
Every Christmas, we fulfill wish lists for all the children and families we serve. Anyone can participate; local church and civic groups, individual donors, and corporate supporters. To find out more about Operation Santa or to participate, call 720-855-3312 or email [email protected]
Gift Cards and Event Passes
Our school kids take field trips just like other schools. And the kids that live at Tennyson Center do lots of fun activities off campus on the weekends just like other kids and families do. We need your help to enable all the kids to do fun stuff off campus. We accept gift cards and event passes for area children’s attractions such as Butterfly Pavilion, Denver Children’s Museum, The Denver Zoo, and Elitch Gardens as well as restaurants such as Casa Bonita, McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, and more.
Many of our events feature a silent auction. Donors place bids on items and Tennyson Center keeps the proceeds. Want to get your business in front of some serious bidders? If you have an item or items you would like to donate, please call (720-855-3324) or email us.
Donate Your Vehicle
Do you have a used car, truck, van, motorcycle, or boat that you don’t know what to do with? We can take it off your hands and you will receive a tax deduction. It is easy! Submit this form to start the process.
You will need these three things before you contact us.
- A clear title, which means a title with your name listed in the owner’s section, without an assignment or transfer to another person. All liens must be released prior to donating the vehicle.
- Your car keys.
- When you call or fill out the online form, please have the title and current mileage in hand.
Vehicle Donation FAQs
- How does the program work?
- You may complete the online donation form or call 303-308-2400 to donate your vehicle. When the information is complete, it is forwarded to the tow company. They will call you directly to schedule the pick-up. At the time of the pick-up, the driver will give you a receipt for taking the vehicle. We ask that you give the driver the keys and your appropriately signed title.
- Do I pay for towing?
- No, there is no charge to you for towing.
- Do I really get a tax write-off and how much would it be?
- Yes you do! The IRS rules allow a deduction in the amount of the gross selling price of your donated vehicle. An envelope will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale of your vehicle with all the required IRS information and forms. You may also choose to take a deduction under $500 without written acknowledgment. When you are ready to donate your vehicle, call 303-308-2400 or submit this form.